Those LASIK “Lifetime Guarantees” sure sound amazing, don’t they? LASIK procedures don’t come cheap, after all.
This makes lifetime guarantees seem like they are too good to be true. It might even take a bit of the sting you’re feeling from the total LASIK cost your LASIK surgeon quoted you.
And that’s the rub. You know the old saying: If something looks too good to be true, then it probably is. Keep reading to learn what a LASIK lifetime guarantee really gets you!
Things Are Not Always As They Seem
It’s all about the fine print. The bold headline promises a guarantee that would last a lifetime, but buyer beware! Laser surgery centers offering these promotions very often attach strict restrictions.
They Never Said “Free”
The fine print on that “lifetime guarantee” is designed to make it as difficult as possible to use. Sure, you can get in the door thanks to that ad but it’s never the price that’s advertised.
Refinement procedures involve hidden costs that patients aren’t aware of. By the time they realize they aren’t getting what they thought, it’s usually too late.
What’s The Catch?
This may differ between laser eye surgery centers drawing in prospective patients. The catch could include:
- The lifetime guarantee doesn’t apply to those nearsighted or farsighted or have astigmatism.
- The lifetime guarantee only applies to LASIK patients with excellent results from LASIK
- The lifetime guarantee doesn’t apply if you are seeing worse than 20/40. This is extremely troubling as the industry standard for laser vision correction is 20/25 or 20/30.
- The fine print states that it’s up to the LASIK surgeon to determine if the patient needs a secondary procedure.
Translation: Even if the patient says their vision is worse, only the surgery center’s opinion matters.
And whose side do you think they are on?
Other Possible Scenarios:
- The “lifetime” guarantee is for the surgery center, not your lifetime. If your LASIK surgeon closes down their surgery eye center, your guarantee is useless.
- You may need to have your annual eye examinations with an affiliated doctor’s office. This doesn’t sound bad until you learn missing one appointment voided your guarantee.
- As we age, it is possible that other procedures may boost our vision better than LASIK. Too bad the guarantee only covers LASIK.
What About Loden Vision’s 20/20 LASIK Assurance Program?
If you’re considering LASIK in Nashville, you may have heard about our similar program. Known as the 20/20 LASIK Assurance Program, we are the only practice in Tennessee to offer anything like it.
We assure you, rather than guaranteeing you, that you will see 20/20 (or better) after LASIK with us. And if you don’t, we’ll give you your money back.
That’s it. No gimmicks or fine print to follow. We are committed to making sure our patients have the clearest possible vision.
Want to find out if you could qualify as a LASIK candidate? Contact Loden Vision Centers in Nashville for a LASIK consultation today! You’ll be in only the best hands when you choose LASIK with Loden Vision Centers.